Friday, December 09, 2005

Well, I've got "aaaawful" down pat...

...for my trip to Bah-ston tomorrow. Certain words always trip off of my tongue in another accent. I can't even do a Spanish accent right, but I turn into New York every time I say "hot dawg." But my "awful" is very Bostonian. Go figure.

Many of you have requested my promised gush, and it will happen eventually...I've never wanted to be one of those "my pookie-wookie-love-muffin is the bestest!" girls giving shout-outs to their "baaaby" on their away messages. Without being that girl, I'll just say that things are really good! We were in nebulousville for almost a year and it was time to either go for it or cut it off. We decided to go. Long distance isn't very much fun, but I still get excited when I see his name on my phone. We have fun together, we're good friends. He makes me laugh and he doesn't always tell me what I want to hear - he tells me the best thing for me to hear. He's supportive and sensitive. I'm always learning new and interesting things about him, and I think he's fascinating. He's a writer. He's also handsome. (And I can only write most of this stuff because I know he doesn't read this.) This...this is a good thing.
We're flying to Boston tomorrow to visit some of his/our friends that were in school with us down here. I'll Mary-Tyler-Moore it up in the big city...perhaps I'll even post a few pics sometime soon.

By the way, I sent out six school applications, and no one has sent back an "um, is this a joke?" yet, so I should be cool. I didn't anticipate how good it would feel to not have those churning in my stomach anymore. For better or for worse, they're out there now.

I need wash clothes and pack my carefully planned wardrobe into the uber-nice luggage I borrowed from my boss.
Until then...you stay classy, planet earth. I'm freezing my Floridian cajones off up in the great Northeast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home