Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to 27 - Take ONE

Recently, at the height of my optimism, I mentally penned a lovely little post about emerging from the valley and arriving at a mountaintop of self-acceptance and, finally, being comfortable in my own skin. I even thought that maybe I was ahead a few years; I heard this wasn't supposed to happen until I was in my 30's.

I should've started writing immediately.

Unfortunately, as is wont to happen, I've somehow wandered to an entirely new valley- except now I have a mountain of papers to grade, confusing comments from my thesis adviser, no word from any of my Ph.D. programs, and a strange cold that knocks me out before I can get anything done. (Tara marvels at her capacity to whine.)

That is to say, dear reader, this is where I am at the moment. I hope to be in a much better state for the next take.

Low point: when I again failed my "lemonade-maple syrup-cayenne-water only" diet, this time after 24 hours.

High point: Playing with Nena, the 4 lb. chihuahua (Bruiser's doppelganger) we are dogsitting for the weekend. Mims and I have been projecting our own neuroses onto the dogs again. "Bruiser is confused and feels like he's receiving mixed signals. He's going to go hide in his home."

I plan to continue my game of hide-and-go-seek with my life for the rest of this week and to get a little interstate therapy on my drive to Charleston this coming weekend. Stay tuned. It will get better.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Madam Mim said...

I hear you babe. Here's what I think about it: http://miriamrc.blogspot.com/2005/10/bridget-jones-oldie-but-goodie.html

And maybe you should get the cold checked out...

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Heather said...

pfft, the lemonaid diet is itself a set up for failure. the reinforcement for successfully sticking to the diet can only be described as anal leakage, and that my dear is not positive.

at least you have bruis and mims to comfort you. :) chin up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home